Simply put, the food here is some of the best in the world. Few cities in the U.S. bear as strong a culinary reputation as the Bay Area, known for globally craved local dishes like Dungeness crab, sourdough bread, and cioppino. When you stay with us at The Wharf Inn, our value-priced accommodations save you money to spend sampling the delicious restaurants that are a short walk away, including the numerous eateries on Pier 39, family-owned Alioto's, and the famous Boudin Bakery flagship in Fisherman's Wharf.
Best Restaurants Include
- Boudin at the Wharf - Boudin has been baking bread in San Francisco since 1849, and their sourdough recipe is considered by many to be the best around. Their flagship location in Fisherman's Wharf features a marketplace, museum, Bakery & Café in Baker's Hall, and the full service restaurant, Bistro Boudin.
Address: 160 Jefferson St, San Francisco, CA 94133
- EightAM - Wake up and start your day off right! One of the best breakfast palces in town; just a few blocks from our hotel. Pancakes, eggs benedict, sausage, bacon, fresh squeezed orange juice, to name a few of the favorites in the house.
Address: 380 Beach Street, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Alioto's Restaurant - Starting as a fish stall on Fisherman's Wharf in 1925, it's one of the oldest fine dining eateries in town and is considered a San Francisco landmark. With a focus on Sicilian recipes, local seafood staples are transformed into fresh works of art. Be sure to try the family recipe for cioppino, a succulent tomato shellfish stew.
Address: 1323 Columbus Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94133
- Scoma's - Family-owned and operated for nearly 50 years, Scoma's is another famous San Francisco institution. Dungeness crab is the specialty here, be it in cioppino or crab cakes, as is the award-winning wine list. They also provide complimentary valet parking.
Address: Pier 47 on Al Scoma Way, San Francisco, CA 94133
Toll Free: 1-800-644-5852
- Johnny Rocket's - Home of "The Original Hamburger," Johnny Rocket's is a burger chain in the spirit of soda fountains and diners from yesteryear. A true California tradition, the first location opened in Los Angeles in 1986.
Address: 81 Jefferson St., San Francisco, CA US